Wednesday, April 17, 2013

First Post!

Let's get started!

I haven't blogged before, so get ready for a rocky ride. (pun intended) The reason for this blog is that, this summer, Tiana and I are planning on discovering Utah. We are going to hit up some of the most amazing spots in this awesome state.

I had a friend tell me once, "If you're going to live in Utah, you need to discover what makes it such a beautiful state." That, along with many influences in my life, have inspired me to do just that; the strongest influence right now being the wonderful, Tiana. I don't want to do this alone and I'm thrilled to have someone take this ride with me.

Ensign Peak 

Why blog it? My friend, Daniel Fawson, started a blog on his upcoming adventure to Japan. I thought it was such a great idea that I was inspired to start my own blog, cataloging my own adventure throughout Utah. Blogging it puts a little pressure on myself as well, it makes it official and is a great way to plan what we are going to do.

Plans

Every Wednesday and/or Thursday of the summer we are going to a new place in Utah--maybe Idaho and Wyoming thrown into the mix. Of course this can add up after a while as far as gas goes, so we will do a bi-weekly road trip and on the off weeks do a hike in the mountains bordering Salt Lake City. For the next few days we are going to go over the different places we want to visit and set up an itinerary. We have a few different places in mind, Lava Hot Springs and Bryce Canyon to name a couple.

Join Us!!

We would love it if anyone wants to come with! If you see a place you want to go, or if you just want to get out of the house for a day, then hit us up and we will make plans! Finally, we would love any suggestions you might have. The more input the better! 

2 comments: